1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Emark has Jacked up Navigator $$

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nosparkplugs, Sep 11, 2008.

1. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Friend of mine just purchased a Walker MT23 48GHS 9.5hopper Power lift Dump, low profile wide tires today. For less than a basic Exmark Navigator. So now that the Navigators are more expensive than a Walker, whats the point of them in the market

2. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Its for the people who like the exmark brand and aren't willing to try out a new brand like walker. For some people its better to stick with the brand you know and trust, then to start fresh with a different brand.

3. tedfrk

tedfrk LawnSite Member

walker is no where near a new brand.

4. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

People are willing to spend a few extra bucks if it means sticking with a brand they trust or a reputable dealer in their area. Walkers are not as popular in this market area as opposed to Exmark, Scag, and Ferris brand names.

5. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

O no its about to hit the fan tallimeca will be all over this post brace your selves.

6. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

Some people, like me, have an exmark dealer down the road and no walker dealers within a 2 hour drive....

7. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Exmarks cost more because the charge by the pound!:drinkup:

8. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

wow ive never seen an exmark navigator around here all people use is grasshoppers or a walker

9. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

Good call.

Well, first, the Navigatior has been more expensive then it's comparable walker model since they hit the market, so this is nothing new.........?????? Has been discussed numberous times. Navigator is a heavier, more durable machine. It cost more to build and that's easy to see with the naked eye.

Second, because your friend bought a walker for less then a navigator.......exmark should hault production? I don't understand what you meant of by what's the point of them in the market? If you were alluding to the fact that because it's not a walker it should be cheaper......ask bunton/bobcat and scag what they think. The BZT and Cougars are no longer in production, at least not to my knowledge. Tried to be priced better and the machines suffered. Couldn't compete with the handling, and cut that walker offered. Navigator can and does.

If you want a walker, buy a walker. If you want a navigator, buy a navigator. Both good machines that should make you lots of money and save you lots of time.

If your not sure, that's why god invented demo machines...haha.

Pretty bad when even i'm sick of meaningless posts like this........:dizzy:

10. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Hey tallimeca i knew you would be all over this one lol no offence ment buddy. I think our previous discussions may have provided some people with opinions from opposite sides of the fence and thats what this site is all about. I also do respect your opinion and you have proven your points very well. I agree with you demo both units and pick which one you like best and fits your needs best