1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Emark or Dixie Chopper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mack, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Mack

Mack LawnSite Member

I did some research and I have a Exmark 52, have been looking at the Snapper 61 with the 27hp. The other day I went to the Dixie Chopper dealer and I really like how they look and feel. In my area they are cheeper then anything else. My question is does anyone like the Dixie Chopper and how they cut. I am really happy with my Exmark and performance and would like to stick with them but might jump ship.

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

The Dixie's are very good mowers IMO. They have a great cut from what i've heard and its impossible to get them to clump the grass. They just won't do it and thats something that simply can't be said about a lot of other mowers. They have many good features that make them superior to other mowers. Something intersting about them is that only 6% of Dixie Choppers profits come from selling parts for their mowers and this came right off of their website. Thats proof of the quality of these machines. I bet a lot more than 6% of Exmarks profits come from parts. I'm sure you will not be dissapointed with a Dixie.

3. Mico Landscaping design

Mico Landscaping design LawnSite Member

EXMARK FOR in my eyes! :cool2:

4. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

never used a dixie, but after seeing them at the gie they are alot more complex than the exmark.
    i have had exmark and they were flawless.

generally i follow the kiss principal.

5. s and s mowing

s and s mowing LawnSite Member
    from ky

exmark, for sure. i cant get past the indoor-outoor carpet on the slopper.

6. Sir mowsalot

Sir mowsalot LawnSite Senior Member

I have a dixie chopper and i love it. Never had an exmark so i cant compare the two. Its cut is awesome, and rides great. Very durable. If any mower deck belts break it is a snap to fix. Just remove two wing nuts and the whole floor lifts off and they are right there. As a matter of fact, that is one big reason i like them, they are basic, which means if they need to go into the shop, its less labor time, because theres nothing in the way to first remove, for the most part. Maybe the other brands are like that too, i dont know.

7. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Dixie's can be repaired in half the time of any other mowers because of their simple design where all componets are easily accessable.

8. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I like my chopper. :cool: It is simple to work on, cuts good rides nice, the VTC makes it real responsive, the ocdc id aw some and the stainless body panels are easy to keep clean. My only complaint with it is that it is not as good on hills as i would like. 20-22* is all it can take (safely :D )

9. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

:rolleyes: Take it off! :rolleyes:

10. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I owned a 60" Lazer for 3 years prior to this past year. I own two 72" Choppers now and could not be happier. Well... maybe I could.. if they were diesels. :)