Emark or Kubota!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ECLC, Mar 21, 2005.

1. ECLC

ECLC LawnSite Member

We are considering buying one of these mowers for our company and just wanted some input from those who have run these particular units.
    I have demoed the Exmark last week, and was really happy with the results.
    Thanks for any input.

2. Go for the Green

Go for the Green LawnSite Member

ExMark...Nobody does it better!

3. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

thats a given Exmark :cool2:

4. ECLC

ECLC LawnSite Member

I forgot to add this question in my first post, but is the 23hp engine enough power, for those of you running this motor.
    Thanks

5. Cobra Jock

Cobra Jock LawnSite Member

I have spent a lot of time on the Kubota ZD21-60. The thing cuts good and is smooth riding. If you want a nice ride and a good cut demo the unit. The Kubota is pretty slow though. I'm not sure about the Exmark. I don't own one and there is a good to great chance that I never will!

Greg

6. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

I have been considering the Kubota over the Exmark too, but was told by my dealer that the Kubota did not have true zero turn cabability (They primarily sell Exmark). On Kubota's website it says individual drive motors. They had a unit, but it was a floor model and they would not let me demo it. Can somebody who owns a Kubota clear this up? Do they have true zero turn capability?

Other than that, they seem to be a very well put together unit, and very competitive in price with the Exmark (deisel vs deisel). And I know several farmers who swear by their Kubota tractors, so they seem to have the name in durability. I currently own Exmark, but I would not be opposed to Kubota.

Kevin

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Both are true zero turns. Both are good machines.
    The Kubota motors are awesome, no question about that.
    If you are considering them, you should demo them both. You have already with the eXmark, get them to let you demo a bota cutting. See what you like the best. Only perfect mower is the one you like best and works for your conditions.

8. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

All depends on deck size. If you go with 48"-52" deck the 23hp will be great. If you are going with 60" deck get at least 25hp or 27hp. My JD 757 60" has a 25hp Kawasaki and I think it's a bit underpowered in tall, wet, thick stuff. Remember, more hp = more fuel consumption.

9. 430 boy

430 boy LawnSite Member

I'd go with either the kubota or the deere 997 diesel. both are very good machines.

10. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I'd probibly go with the Kubota.