Emark Prob Again!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by nate121080, Apr 19, 2006.

1. nate121080

nate121080 LawnSite Member
    from va

Well I have a 2005 exmark hp 52/20 kohler with 12 hours. IT wouldn't start the other today. Put a new battery in it worked fine till yestersday then it went dead. Whatever it is it isnt keeping the battery charged. Does anyone know if they have alternators? I've heard of the pcm going bad. If it was bad nothing would work right? Also it might not be grounded right? Thats all I can think of as now. The dealer I bought it from is almost 100 miles up the road so Id like to troubleshoot it myself if I can.

Thanks,
    nate

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

It is most likely a fuse, my ZTR with under 50 hours did the same thing. should be under your seat, and an easy fix, I carry a spare now, but haven't needed it. They should replace it for free, and in about 2 minutes.

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Take it back to your dealer see what the problem is.

4. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea, I would go to the dealer you got it from and figure things out, only 50 hours on it, that sucks!

5. nate121080

from va

Ok, I checked the fuses and one was blown. But when I replaced it the new one blew to so i have a short as well. I called the dealership and they told me to just bring it up there and they will try to have it fixed in an hour if not they will give me loaner. It just sucks driving an hour and half but I guess it will be worth it. I will reply back when they find out what it is in case someone else runs in to the same problem. FinerCutslawnCare, mine only has 12 hours not 50!!!

nate

6. EXspyguy

EXspyguy LawnSite Member

Look on top of the deck, the HP has had a zip-tie that would break and the wires could drop down and get caught in the belt/pulley. I've seen it a couple of times.

7. nate121080

from va

Okay, they found out what was wrong with it. The straton (sp?) had a short in it. Said it would be ready by Tuesday which is fine with me. They gave me the mack daddy loaner. Lazer xs 29 hp fuel injected liquid cooled 60" deck. This thing is sweet. Will own one next year. Thanks again guys for the all the replies. Happy mowing

Nate

8. FreshCutz

FreshCutz LawnSite Member

I have an older Encore ZTR that wont hold a charge. I keep one battery on the charger and have to switch them out every week. Any ideas?

9. Encore Mfg.

Encore Mfg. LawnSite Member

What is the exact model? If you can give me more information, we can assist you!

10. FreshCutz

FreshCutz LawnSite Member

Z42 model# 42B350Z