Emark Turf Tracer hp 36 inch walk behind please help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by danielmorvant, Apr 12, 2007.

1. danielmorvant

danielmorvant LawnSite Member

Im looking at this mower has any one used the exmark walk behind its the turf tracer 36 inch cut with floating deck,hydro drive,19 hp engine and ecs system. im in the market for a good walkbehind . im also wondering if this engine would pull a sulky.

2. lawnguy001

lawnguy001 LawnSite Member

19 hp on a 36? That's a big engine for that sizew deck . It'll pull you , a sulky and some of your best friends around ! Good luck !

3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

19 horse doesn't exist on a 36" Tracer.

4. craglawnmanor

craglawnmanor LawnSite Member

+1! :weightlifter:

My Turf Tracer HP has a 17HP Kaw on a 48" deck, and pulls me around on a one wheel velke with no problem!! But I ONLY weigh 220!! :laugh:

5. THRIFTY

THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)

Plenty of power to pull a sulky......

6. GreenNation

GreenNation LawnSite Member

We have a 36'' Exmark Hydro WB Turf Tracer. It has a 15 Kaw on it. This is a great little mower. We use it all the time for cutting areas we do not take our Scag Tiger Cub into. 2nd season with this mower and it has performed problem free. Great cut quality with the small deck, and the fuel economy is outstanding. I would recommend this mower to anyone looking for a small WB.
    We run a single wheel velke on it, and it pulls fine. I weigh 235lbs. Easy to service, blade changes are very quick and simple. Does not take a lot of room on the trailer. The only thing we changed was we did add a 10lb weight to each front frame rail right behind the front casters. This settled the front of the machine great. We did not buy the expensive Exmark weight set, (I think around 100.00) We bought 2 ankle weight velcro attached weights at Wal-Mart for 4.00 each. Works great!

7. qualitylawnlc

qualitylawnlc LawnSite Member

I have a 48" eXmark Metro with a 15HP Kaw. with a set of jungle wheels. The 15HP Kaw. has plenty of power to pull me around. I have had an issue with the front wheels raising on me and those eXmark weights are ridiculously expensive for what they are. I've been trying to figure out how to remedy this. I will definitely try the ankle weights. Awesome Idea!!!

8. Frosty03

Frosty03 LawnSite Member

I've got one and love it. Getting started up, it was my primary mower for the past year. It leaves a super cut.

However, mine came with a 15 Kawi as I don't think that the 19 was available. However, the 15 is hp a plenty for that mower. I've got the 1 wheel Exmark sulky (it came free with the mower). However, riding the thing I quickly found out I needed more weight up front. I bit the bullet and went for the Exmark weights. Simple bolt on and go.

Get you one, you will love it. On yards that are irregular (not flat) it will not scalp unless you hit an ant mound or something. The cut is superb.

Don't sweat the output of the 15 Kawasaki. This mower may be small, but it is a workhorse.

Oh yeas, one pull starting too! :clapping: