Emark Turf Tracer hp 36 inch walk behind please help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by danielmorvant, Apr 12, 2007.

1. danielmorvant

danielmorvant LawnSite Member

:walking: Im looking at this mower has any one used the exmark walk behind its the turf tracer 36 inch cut with floating deck,hydro drive,19 hp engine and ecs system. im in the market for a good walkbehind . im also wondering if this engine would pull a sulky.
  2. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

Well i cannot directly answer your question but I have the exmark 36" viking with ECS and a 15hp kawi and its great. Basically the same thing as the TT but a fixed deck. I know it would pull a sulky no problem. 19hp is alot of power on this mower, i would think the 15 is still more than enough for it. Overall I have only used it for about 2 hours but so far I love it. it cuts great and handles great.

I do hope that helped
  3. wolf man

wolf man LawnSite Member

Super Mower, It Only Comes With A 15hp Kaw Which Is Plenty, Easy To Change Height Adj Also, Mine Pulls The Sulky No Problem, This Thing Could Climb A Tree, Look At The New Exmark Stand On As Well Much Better Set Up And Ride Than The After Mkt Sulkys,
  4. ealbertson

ealbertson LawnSite Senior Member

If you are looking for a commercial mower I would get at least a 48" if not even better a 52" or better yet the 60" TT walk behind. The only reason I would get (and did but sold it the next season) a 36" would be to get through gates and only then if I had a ton of accounts requiring this. Evan just the 12" bigger deck makes a big difference and is no harder to handle even on uneven turf. Right now I have a 48" TT that we leave in a customer's barn since we use it to get through a gated area there that the 60" won't fit through and we don't have room to haul it. We carry the 60" on the flat bed and three 72s on the trailer. I hope this helps. I LEARNED A LONG TIME A GO TO PAY NOW FOR THE BEST FITTING PIECE OF EQUIPMENT FOR THE JOB, OR YOU WILL PAY EVERYTIME YOU USE THE THING!!!
    Take care, Ed
  5. brian mon

brian mon LawnSite Member

Have had no problems here...:rolleyes:

It does get a little light on the front end going up steep hills though.

side view.jpg
  6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Brian, your picture makes me a little depressed, I had a TTHP 36" set up exactly the same right down to the mulch kit and the Jungle Wheels a couple years back. Really miss that mower.:cry: