1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

embarrased to ask but need help1

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CLS, Mar 1, 2004.

1. CLS

CLS LawnSite Member

I have a problem. I am going out on my own this year, and I am trying to put together a good advertising package. My problem is I don't have any PICS of my previous work. I just simply did not ever consider taking pics of my work over the last 7 years
    while working for other lco's.

I've tried going through the archives for pics I felt represented the work I am capable of and pm'ing the authors for there permission to use but NOBODY will even answer my requests. I guess I understand why though so I have no hard feelings.

Anybody care to help a guy out? I'm to the point where I would consider paying for a quality pic.

I in no way will pass the pics off as my own work.

I will also show the work before it goes to print for approval.

2. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

heres an idea, though it may not be a good one, try realestate agents. Surely they have pictures of homes that include the landscape?
  3. IndyPropertyCare

IndyPropertyCare LawnSite Member

There are TONS of pics out on the net you can use just to "spruce" up your sales package. Some are forsale and some are free... spen a little time on the net & U will find alot.
  4. CLS

CLS LawnSite Member

The realestate idea is a good one. I'll give that a try.

I have also done several picture searches on alltheweb.com. I have found alot of pics like you mentioned. Problem is I don't know how cool it is to just take them and use them. I want permission to use whatever pics I find so I can avoid someone getting pi55ed at me.

Is it acceptable to just use whatever pic I find on the net?
  5. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

CLS, Pm me your email address.. I might be able to help you out.
  6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi CLS,

Soupy has some great pics too :)
  7. aquamtic

aquamtic LawnSite Senior Member

8. CLS

CLS LawnSite Member

I sent you a pm.

Thanks for the link. I checked it out. A little more $$ then I has hoping to spend. They did have nice pics but not what I'm looking for exactly. Thanks anyway.

9. Joe Shooner

Joe Shooner LawnSite Member

10. newleaflandscape

newleaflandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Why in God's name cant you just go back to the customers house and ask permission to take some pics. If anything I would rather show customers pics of jobs after the plants have grown for a couple years and matured.