1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Emergency Light?

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Camman, Nov 21, 2000.

1. Camman

Camman LawnSite Member

Looking for a Beacon on a post. I have seen them on pick-up trucks around town. It extends up from the hole on the sides of the bed. I often see them on one of the four corners of the pickup bed. Question: If anyone has what I am describing, how do you like it? And did you have to make it or where did you get it?

DYNA PLOW LawnSite Member

made it myself, its also easily removable for when i haul my slide in camper. if i were to buy a new light i would buy a strobe, i beleive they offer better visibility for oters to see you,especialy during a blinding sno storm
  3. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

Camman I bought a backrack that bolts in the pick up bed and from that I was able to mount my light bar but you could mount any thing to it rear work lights becons and bars they have all kinds of attachents for the bar. and you could leave them there all the time.Have use of your bed and have a really great looking truck.
  4. diggerman

diggerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

There are round flanges that are available at your local hardware store that screw on to gas pipe that work great for this kind of thing.
  5. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

I also went with the Back Rack option. They offer a bunch of different brackets for it to mount lights to. I went with the Highlighter. It's not too big, but it's VERY bright. Attracts plenty of attention. Not that there won't be people driving in you way anyway, but it helps.
  6. Camman

Camman LawnSite Member

Where did you guys find your back racks?
  7. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

I got mine at a local truck parts store. any truck parts accseories place should have it or call 1-800-265-8137 this # is from my back rack catalog.
  8. SlimJim Z71

I got mine at the same place I got my snowplow put on at. I don't know if they'll ship you one, but if you want to give them a call, their number is (815) 385-5970, it's R.A. Adams Enterprises.

[Edited by SlimJim Z71 on 11-22-2000 at 10:14 PM]
  9. Ray

Ray LawnSite Member

10. SlimJim Z71

Wish I would've seen that site before I bought mine for $300!!!