1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

emmark lazer z battery

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by lawnman_scott, Sep 19, 2005.

1. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I got a battery for my mower at auto zone. The one in the mower was about 300/330 amps, and the new one was about 425. It now will blow one of the 2 fuses when you turn on the key, replace it and it willl blow the other one. I assume they are for fuel pump and ignition, 20 amp under gas tank. Will the bigger amp battery blow the fuses? thanks.
  2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

First, What was the reason for replacing the battery ?
    I have never heard of this happening before, Sounds like you may have another problem.
  3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

went dead mowing a lawn with the clutch engaged. Figured I would start there since my "dealer" changed the oil and air filter and could find nothing wrong electricallly.
  4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Did you take it to the dealer after you put the new battery in ?
    Sounds like a short in the charging system that would account for the battery going dead while mowing and now blowing fuses.
    Can you post the model and spec. numbers off the engine so I can see what system you have ?
  5. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

Electrical problems gives shops more trouble than any thing else. I have had machines come in the shop with electrical problems than 4 or 5 other shops could not find. I have even had one shop refer a electrical problem to our shop because of me working there. It takes a lot of "thinking-out-the-box" style work to find some of the electrical problems on these machices now days. If you can not find it see if you can find another "dealer" that may be able to. Good luck