Employee application

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ksland, Feb 1, 2003.

1. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have one they would like to share? Email me if you do, thanks in advance. I know I can but generic ones at staples, looking for something more detailed.

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Why do you need a more detailed one ? This isn't surgery. The ones that Staples carries covers all the basic items.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

yup, just some regular applications. But make sure they give you a resume as well. I always call up the places that they used to work to find out about them. References can be good or bad. You will figure that out on your own though

4. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Resume? I hope you don't expect laborers to submit a resume. The level of the job should dictate what you expect from a job appplicant. Do follow up on their references and job history, regardless.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I know what you're thinking but by having them have a resume it shows to you that they are in a professional mind for the job and that they will treat the job as a profession, thus provide quality work

6. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

I was just looking for a basic application, with relation the the industry. With questions related to the industry as in experience with blowers, trimmers, mowers, ...etc.

7. tpirobert

tpirobert LawnSite Member

I make sure potential employees can meet min. rrequirements BEFORE they fill out an application and sign off on it. I bought a whole book of forms called Personnel Director (e-z legal books) from Office Depot.

MINIMUM EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS

1. Must be 18 years of age or older.(OSHA requirement)

2. Valid NC drivers license.

3. Capability to perform physical work all day.

4. Ability to get to TPI shop at start of work day on time and complete the scheduled day.

5. Provide your own lunch.

6. Adequate and appropriate footwear/clothing for working outside in varying weather and terrain and of neat appearance. TPI t-shirt is provided as a “uniform” for warm weather and expected to be worn. TPI sweatshirt and/or jacket/raincoat may also be provided.

7. Telephone number where you can be reached.

8. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Lanelle ... your post made me smile ... you write that with such passion?;)

Perhaps it is different here but everyone now has a resume ... even kids applying at McDonalds.

When checking references one question will tell allot ... Would you re-hire them?

9. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

This got me to laffin thinkin about this msg which was posted at another site:

This is an actual job application a 17 year old boy submitted at a McDonald's fast-food establishment in Florida...and they hired him
    because he was so honest and funny!

NAME: Greg Bulmash

SEX: Not yet. Still waiting for the right person.

DESIRED POSITION: Company's President or Vice President. But seriously, whatever's available. If I was in a position to be picky, I wouldn't be applying here in the first place.

DESIRED SALARY: $185,000 a year plus stock options and a Michael Ovitz style severance package. If that's not possible, make an offer and we can haggle.

EDUCATION: Yes.

LAST POSITION HELD: Target for middle management hostility.

SALARY: Less than I'm worth.

MOST NOTABLE ACHIEVEMENT: My incredible collection of stolen pens and post-it notes.

REASON FOR LEAVING: It sucked.

HOURS AVAILABLE TO WORK: Any.

PREFERRED HOURS: 1:30-3:30 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.

DO YOU HAVE ANY SPECIAL SKILLS?: Yes, but they're better suited to a more intimate environment.

MAY WE CONTACT YOUR CURRENT EMPLOYER?: If I had one, would I be here?

DO YOU HAVE ANY PHYSICAL CONDITIONS THAT WOULD PROHIBIT YOU FROM LIFTING UP TO 50 LBS?: Of what?

DO YOU HAVE A CAR?: I think the more appropriate question here would be "Do you have a car that runs?"

HAVE YOU RECEIVED ANY SPECIAL AWARDS OR RECOGNITION?: I may already be a winner of the Publishers Clearing house Sweepstakes.

DO YOU SMOKE?: On the job no, on my breaks yes.

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE DOING IN FIVE YEARS?: Living in the Bahamas with a fabulously wealthy dumb sexy blonde super model who thinks I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread. Actually, I'd like to be doing that now.

DO YOU CERTIFY THAT THE ABOVE IS TRUE AND COMPLETE TO THE BEST OF YOUR KNOWLEDGE?: Yes. Absolutely.

SIGN HERE: Aries.