Employee Christmas Gifts

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by rbriggs, Dec 2, 2005.

1. rbriggs

rbriggs LawnSite Member

What do you all give to your employees for the holidays? A gift, bonus,? Do any of you do holiday outings or parties? What would you suggest?
  2. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Gift certificates for them and a guest at the local staekhouse. I have been providing bonuses throughout the year when we are on high profit margin jobs.
  3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Cash. Thats what I always preferred when I was working for someone. Maybe restraunt gift certificate is good if they are married and not well off, as its something they probably cant really do on their own. I give cash in a card though.
  4. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

The day off...
  5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<Table width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><TR><TD><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our experts. Click Here </font></TD></TR></Table>
    Hi Green-Pro,

I like that idea.

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Make your own logo Free.</center>
  6. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

ask yourself what you would want, then it's an easy choice. Cash is king along with a couple of paid days off, unless it snows and you have em on call. But the days can always be moved in that event. Everyone appreciates the extra time for their leisure without having to worry about coming up short on their paycheck. Time and $$$..That's what I would want, so that's what I would always give.
  7. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

STRIPPERS! :waving:
  8. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

So, you think that your employees would think that a stripper for their mower is a present?...
  9. jasonnau

jasonnau LawnSite Senior Member

If my old boss got me a stripper, I think I would have been happy. Now that would be a gift that would be remembered forever.
  10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I agree with the posts that say cash. It will be the most appreciated in my opinion.