employee decides what he will do

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by rsls, Jun 9, 2005.

1. rsls

rsls LawnSite Member

Man alive am I hot :realmad: :angry: :realmad: I hired this guy a couple of months ago with the understanding he had prior experience. I put him to work and after the initial break in period he seemed to do good work. Yeah he was a bit slow but I was paying by the job not the hour and day in and out he was all but begging for forgivness on his speed and assured me that he was working on it. Any way after things started to get better I started letting him do the route himself and with the exception of a few minor customer complaints he was doing ok. Well the other day after he finished his route I met up with him to discuss the day and to inquire on a few specific instructions I had left him. He proceeds to tell me that he did not do the work because he likes to get done by a certain time and that this would not allow him to do that. Biting my tounge I ask if he can come and finish the work on saturday, he proceeds to tell me that he is pretty tide up with some side jobs pruning and cutting down trees(yes i have a no comp signed), After he was through I was so pissed I could not hardly say a word with out wringing his neck so I left after making my disaproval clear and plan to have a long talk with him this week....after I find his replacement. Anyway since on the site I have read plenty of other venting posts so I thot I would give it a shot. Sorry to bore you guys. :waving:

2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

No bore at all let it out here instead of breaking his little back stabbing neck.Is he useing your tools to do his side work too?

3. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Get an order to enforce your non-compete, and fire him.

4. rsls

rsls LawnSite Member

no not using my tools I still have control over the lock and key on those.

5. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Fire him and move along.....no stress = success.

good luck!

6. JRAZ

JRAZ LawnSite Member
    from NW

It's nice to hear stories like this. Not nice that these things happen but nice that we can share these stories together. We all go through common issues with employees and customers. Fire the craphole and Vent away!