Employee gene pool

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by 6'7 330, Oct 9, 2005.

1. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

After reading many of your thoughts on here it seems I would be correct in assuming ,many of you have come to the same conclusion as i have about your pool of employee applicant’s.In my area I have come to the conclusion; you can’t get quality help hiring traditional American worker types, white or black. Despite a very good starting wage,traditional American type applicant’s 99.99% of the time,fall into crack head, dope head, or so lazy they draw green flies category's.

To get dependability and men who want to work a full day, we have no choice but to hire Mexican help.

2. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

I agree.................

Now lets make room for the Mexican haters and the Illegal Immigrant speeches...

3. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

You gotta pick from what is left over after the rest are college grads, vocation school trained , entered into the service or just plain have good steady jobs.

So you know as well as I what is left over. You might get lucky and get a good one once in a while.

It would probably be a good idea to learn some Spanish because they seem to be the ones who are gonna fill our empty spots in the lower class jobs. Meanwhile the lazy no goods in the W/B races are going to be stealing the rest of us blind to support their habits.

I got tired of that Schitt when I was working all day long as well as my neighbors while the no goods were skipping school and breaking into houses.

Nosmo

4. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

ive only seen one black man ever cutting grass for a lawn company.

bill... shame on you. i cant believe you support taking jobs away from lazy, stupid, white, american, crack heads and giving those jobs to mexican labor. :realmad:

5. PROCUT1

from TN

I like the way you put it. :

6. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

thanks. i'll probably get bashed by some crackheads, though, for calling them lazy. :p

7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

slaves, and imigrant labor have been doing the grunt work for the last 300 years. whitey has been selfish, lazy, and greedy for hundreds of years. are you mad cus immigrant labor is here, or because, now, you have to pay them?

8. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

If you pay a decent wage you will get decent american workers. Been in business 23 years , We have not ever hired an illegal alien . Americans want the jobs , but not at the immigrant wages . Dont expect a US citizen who has bills , and a family to work for less than 15 dollars per hour.

9. PROCUT1

from TN

And what is a decent wage?

10. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I have 6-employees 4 white folk and 2 Mexican. One Mexican works very fast but causes some damage from going too fast (he runs into walls and steps on plants), he is also legal and bi lingual, and 3-5 min. lat every day, the other Mexican is not bi-lingual and he works at the same speed of the white guys and is alway 5-min.early. The white guys make fewer mistakes so I consider that to be more efficient/faster and are inconsistent about being on time. My thing is Mexican or white (never even had a black guy apply) I cant get anybody to plan past the end of the day No matter how much I pay or what incentives I provide. I drug test everybody, its 22.00 and 1/4 mi from my house its a very good marketing tool. So is having white guys on the job, my clients like to be able to talk to the guys. Because I drug test, do background check, and advertise on the web at jobbing .com I tend to get a better class of applicants. But they are just as flaky. My labor makes 10-12 the apprentices make 13-15 and my Gardeners (foreman) make 35,000-43,000 salary. We also provide health insurance, paid vacation after a year and some other little benies. The Mexicans are harder to train only because of the language and reading stuff(we have a pretty substantial paper trail). If your doing the same thing at every house no problem. But some clients want shrubs tight, some loose, some want the granite pristine, some don't care if we ever blow. Some want us to check lights and others don't, you get the picture. It all depends on what your doing. The key is two fold eitheir find the greaat employees and turn them loose. Or hire average people and plan everything so as long as they can read and Will follow directions you can produce a consistant result. If it were easy everyone would be doing it.