employee handbook

Discussion in 'Employment' started by BufalinoLand, Jan 29, 2010.

1. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

whos got a good and short employee handbook or some sort of job outline stuff that they have to sign

2. AdamChrap

AdamChrap LawnSite Senior Member

I am currently working on one. I should have had one a long time ago but it is one of those things I keep saying I will get to.

3. Ground Effects NH

Ground Effects NH LawnSite Senior Member

4. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

Mine is 11 pages. Is that what you call short? I know I am missing stuff in it. I am currently revising it. What I have put together is for an employee to read and understand how to do most aspects of the job without supervision.

A test is provided at the end of the book that must be completed before they are allowed to work on their own.

5. valeofparadiseLLC

valeofparadiseLLC LawnSite Member

There is no such thing as a short employee handbook. Ours is 16 pages long , you have to cover alot of stuff to not only protect yourself but meet federal guildlines.

6. hiringus

hiringus LawnSite Member

Care to share? :)

7. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

Hiringus- Pm me and i will forward you a copy

8. goodolboyslandscaping

goodolboyslandscaping LawnSite Member

Actually, we have two employee handbook, the long version and short revised version. The long handbook details everything. The short version details the major specific details and employees are required to sign off that they read, accepted and received a copy of the handbook.

9. backtobasicslawncare

backtobasicslawncare LawnSite Member
    from TN

can i have a copy please sent to me?

10. cherryco

cherryco LawnSite Member

New Horizons - I would be interested in seeing your handbook also. I am also curious how often does a potential employee pass or fail. What are the passing rates?
    I have interviewed various people for work and found that most people will claim just about any skill or experience to get the job. I was going to try to and set up some kind of test -written and physical.
    Thanks
    earl