1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

employee handbook

Discussion in 'Employment' started by BufalinoLand, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Leisure Time Outdoor Serv

Leisure Time Outdoor Serv LawnSite Member

I would be interested

2. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

Cherryco, Leisure, backtobasics,

PM me about the handbooks.
  3. Somthinrandm

Somthinrandm LawnSite Member

i use a handbook that i always give my new employees, it really saves in the training time, it has a list of step by step instructions of where everything is in the trailer, how to use/clean equipment properly, etc. it also consists of rules and expectations of the company. its a good thing to have and i created it after i found myself going back and winding up waterhoses, and replacing lawn art after it being moved to trim around.because the new employee was negligent and i had so much other things on my mind when i was training him had no time to think of the little things that are important.
  4. Ghblue

Ghblue LawnSite Member

i just posted my request for an employee manual on www.guru.com. Hope someone answers soon - as I also need a manual ASAP.
  5. lawnkale

lawnkale LawnSite Member

new horizon i would love to see you book too. i see that u have forwarded it to other people. how about me??
  6. NEBNE

NEBNE LawnSite Member

Hey guys, i actually spent my entire friday in the office trying to come up
    with guidelines/handbook for my guys:hammerhead:. I lost 2 employees in one week so i decided its time to "re-structure" ... I was hoping that those of you who have come up with these booklets would be willing to share and help me get the ball rolling for my own.

7. Ghblue

Ghblue LawnSite Member

Anyone want to chip in and have a legal handbook that is drawn up by an attorney? I just paid $300 and should have it early next week - still time to have things changed by the attorney if your interested send me a msg.
  8. MsLea

MsLea LawnSite Member

I would chip in a few bucks if the offer is still open. Just started business March 2010. I have a handbook in the making, but have read other posts that offer suggestions I will incorporate.
  9. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

New horizon PM sent
  10. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I think I spent almost $1,500 for a handbook and application to be drawn up. Some things are state specific.