1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

employee handbook

Discussion in 'Employment' started by BufalinoLand, Jan 29, 2010.

1. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I wrote mine up. im goinng to have a lawyer look at it.
  2. Signature Services

Signature Services LawnSite Member

How many of you use a payroll service like ADP. I work for ADP (and cut on the side). We have payroll bundle that includes a handbook wizard that includes acknowledgments which gives business owners a good paper trail to handle discipline or even firings. ADP also helps keep you legal through tax compliance and federal labor law compliance. Best of all, it's very affordable.
  3. darlingb

darlingb LawnSite Member

Looking for a good hand book. Any ideas?
  4. grasshopperslawn

grasshopperslawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have an employee handbook which is 19 pages long . It discusses things like calling in and company procedures. Then we also have an employee training manual which is 70 pages it has pictures of properties what to do and what not to do. How to load a weedeater correct way to edge etc
  5. zeebart

zeebart LawnSite Member

handbook? really? i tell my guys this is what i expect of you, or i can`t use you...simple

and yeah i got the part about the application and taxes, workman`s comp and all of that, i`m just a face to face kind of person...
  6. NC cut-n-edge

NC cut-n-edge LawnSite Member

Grasshopperslawn would you be willing to share your employee handbook? That's what we are looking for...simple policy and procedures and then ofcourse add the federal info that we already have. The employee training manual would be great as well! I'm sure that took alot of time to get it put together but saves alot with a new hire! Thanks!