Employee incentives and costs question

Discussion in 'Employment' started by keepoffthegrass, Feb 11, 2006.

1. keepoffthegrass

keepoffthegrass LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

I have been spending a lot of time planning on how to grow my business. By next year i plan to start hiring employee's. I was thinking of using incentives like bonuses and such to get them to do quality work. I plan to do inspections and give $20 on the spot bonuses ounce in a while and -$10 per customer complaint on their pay checks (all written in their contract/agreement of course) so they keep on top of things.

What other incentives do you's offer your employees to keep them doing quality work?

1 more question- After workers comp, insurance etc. what do you end up paying an hour for a $___/hr employee.

Yet another question, What do you'se pay your crew leaders and laborors. I understand there are variables due to the demographics of our different regions but just so i get a rough idea. Thanks ----------Korey

2. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

get ready to hear from the state labor department even IF they sign the contract. no one will sign so you wont have to worry. a $10 american employee costs me $100 an hr. a $10 an hr mex employee makes me $100 an hr. that is all.

3. keepoffthegrass

keepoffthegrass LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

I am from canada and around here i wont even have to advertise to find people. word of mouth and i would have several resumes to look at. My dad is the manager of the LCBO liquire control board of ontario and he needed christmas help at his store. he started putting the word out in november and by december he had well over a hundred applicants. bottom line is people need the work around my area unlike some areas i guess. -------Korey