employee layoffs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by captken, Dec 6, 2005.

1. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, its that time of year, how many of you are going to lay off all or some of your workers?
    Have you given thought to using them on other projects, considering you have other projects to use them on, lol...
    I have decided to use my employees to help me work on some projects on 2 of my farms.
    I am looking to use them to clear brush in preparation for a new pond levee, I need them to help put up fencing and who knows what else.
  2. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

not only does everyone stay on year round, but we are currently hiring and already added 1
  3. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

I am not taking on the Fall/Winter season in gusto this year, we stay busy but my guys want as many hours as they can get. I listen to how they are going to get such and such out of lay-away, the closer it gets to Christmas, and what they are buying as gift for the family.
    Gosh, I maybe from a from a different class, I just don't know how lay-away is suppose to work. And for that, I am most fortunate.
    So I have decided to use my work force to my advantage, working on MY LAND!
    cheers, Its good to be King.
  4. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a job lined up for my heper before the end of the season. Now if I stop at the local watering hole at the end of the day he serves me beer. Only down side, he is a grumpy old rascal and I miss the old bartender. Good reason not to stop.