Employee pay scale.

Discussion in 'Employment' started by scraper69, Feb 8, 2006.

1. scraper69

scraper69 LawnSite Senior Member
    from mi

What are everyone paying their employees ... from Top guy/foreman down to Laborers? just curious
  2. therainman

therainman LawnSite Member
    from IL

Your local market will have more to do with this than anything else. You really can not base your pay on mine or anyone elses for that matter. I live in a small town with one real industry here and some other decent paying jobs. I was able to get by with a starting wage of $8/hr. My highest paid employe made $15/hr. He got a cell phone and 2 weeks paid vacation. Yours may be very different if there is a great deal of other opportunity im the area. Simply put, if he can go make the same or more elsewhere working less he will.

3. cgrappler135

cgrappler135 LawnSite Member

I have 2 guys and pay one $9 and the other $11 but may bump him to $12 this year
  4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Region will dictate that more, I'm in the NE and a going rate for a newbi labor is around $7-$8.00 and thats on the higher end.
  5. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

start at $8.00 go up to whatever they need to stay ( for good ones)
  6. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

here morons are around $50/hr and good workers are just unatainable. hopefully the oklahome crew will do good.
  7. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Look at skills. ie: If he can "stripe" a lawn he's worth 2 bucks over minimum
    If he's got a license and good driving record he's worth 2 bucks more
    So, in Cinci, Ohio we start at 8.00hr and add 2 bucks for each profitable skill.
  8. Team-Green L&L

I'm not sure how a customer can pay $50 hr anywhere. I've heard alot of starting payscales and that by far takes the cake!!!
  9. Team-Green L&L

OOps, you pay 50 hr, which means the customer pays WHAT for his/her lawncare? Sounds unreasonable to me.
  10. Thats my minimum charge and I do get more. Also except for the scrubs and the
    the neighborhood kids I'm usually the lowest price in town.