employee pay?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CNYScapes, May 4, 2003.

1. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

I live in central new york, and was wondering what other people are paying employees. Like how much for someone with 4-5 years experience commercial mowing, and how much for a new guy with no experience? Thanks in advance...:dizzy:

2. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We start general laborers at $8.50hr for 60 days, if they show us hard work and look after the company future we put them at $10.00hr, Our foreman gets a weekly salary of $500.00 2 weeks vacation and most times use of one of the company trucks to take home as needed. (we do close to $100,000 in snow removal services in winter) thats why him and most others are on salary do to this large volume of accounts to maintain all year round. Our other laborers make around $400 to $450 a week with 1 weeks vacation. It tends to be around $12 to $14 an hr depending on how hard of a winter we have here. Generaly we have up to 20 events otherwise they are asked to work for 1 to 2 days if no events in winter. You are from up north so do you offer snow service?

3. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Landscaper3, Yes we do plow snow up here and The last couple of years I have had 2 drivers, one I paid $12HR and the other I pay $15, but he really can make money with the truck. I also had one guy who shoveled for $10HR. I have never tried to pay someone full time all winter. I couldnt afford to, the plowing business is so competetive around here its tough to make a buck. We plowed our commercial properties almost 50 times this year and really took a beating on the seasonal prices. See Ya.