1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Employee Testing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by allinearth, Dec 1, 2005.

1. allinearth

allinearth LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody use the Profile tests for prospective employees? These are the tests that tell you how a person ticks, ex. ability to learn,steal etc. I am considering using these to help eliminate turnover and wasted training time. Anyone have experience with these?
  2. allinearth

allinearth LawnSite Senior Member

If no one is giving these has anyone taken them? Did it give you a bad impression of the company?
  3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I took one once it was more confusing than anything. A good friend if mine works for a major theater chain they use them for management, he has been in the biz for 25 years and says they are a waste. I use an IQ test that I got from my local Irrig house. They always seemed to get good employees so I asked what they were doing for the process. The timed test was the first thing then the promise of health insurance after 90 days. I have been using it for 4-5 years now, it has worked well for me in the past, but my problem lately is getting enough candidates to even bother with a test. If you only get one applicant and you need someone whats the point. I do still do the drug test before I hire them. I also do a visual test, again timed, to see how well they see things like weeds in plants, discolored plants and how observant they are in general. It is just one of those kids books like where is waldo, try and find hidden things in the picture. I have also used the Hocus Focus games where you try to find the differences in the two nearly identical pictures.
  4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<Table width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><TR><TD><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our experts. Click Here </font></TD></TR></Table>
    Hi Earthworker,

I think it's a good idea in theory. If you had a bunch of people vying for the job then why not but as Az Gardener said, if you only have a few, you don't have much choice.

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Make your own logo Free.</center>