Employee using truck to get to and from work

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Ocutter73, Aug 13, 2012.

1. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

Hopefully he is using the truck to go to interviews. You got to be kidding. Reap what you sow.

2. Burnie

Burnie LawnSite Member

I agree
    If he is a good worker then help him out, he WILL remember it and help you in the long run. It will only be for a few days, and I would even pay for the fuel, little things go a long ways with work performance.

3. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

X2, good workers are hard to come by.

4. charmill26

charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member

if he's a good worker which is hard to come by. Then like everyone said do him a favor and just tell him to make sure he brings it back with more gas than it had when he left with it. Like burnie said little things do go a long way

5. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

If he is your foreman then he must be a good guy. just let him use the truck

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  6. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe the op has left the buildinf
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. C Jovingo Landscaping

C Jovingo Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Hope my boss at my full time caulking/masonary restoration job don't here abt this! Lol! There are 3 of us that drive company trucks home. He tries to use that as leverage if he wants us to work weekends or something. He says "I loan you guys money if you need to borrow some & I let you drive my trucks home..." like I should be honored cuz I take a truck home. There is only 1 guy this statement applies to. He is always broke & he has 1 personal vehicle his wife drives. I don't borrow money nor do i need to drive your truck home, just so it aint crowded inside the gate at shop.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

So Cutter, now that you got some feed back let us know what your decision is. You going to charge your foreman?