1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Employee Warning

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rollacosta, May 14, 2004.

1. Rollacosta

Rollacosta LawnSite Senior Member

THIS IS JUST A WARNING ! over the years i have had an ex- employee or two i think but cannot prove go back to my customers and get work[A LOT OF WORK] from them[obviosly cheaper than me]..we do mainly tree and hedge work with a bit of overgrown garden clearence mainly one off jobs or at the most twice yearly jobs.. i think some of my work/clients have been stolen by a past employee can't do much about it but it has made me very very cautious..i do not let emloyees know a darn thing anymore i play my cards very close to my chest ..and i would reccomend you guys do the same ,in my exsperience of running a business for a good many years i have had too learn the hard way also remember to most customers even if you do a fantastic job every time and they are realy nice to your face they usualy don't give a cra p about you, loyalty from clients is a very rare thing..BE CAREFULL :angry:
  2. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Did you past employees have insurance? Were they paying taxes? If so what they did is just Biz. Love it or hate it thats how it works.