Employee was caught wizzing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gene $immons, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

I got a phone call from a customer today who was not too thrilled to see one of my employees taking a wizz in his backyard. I assured him that this would not happen again. The bad part is that I know this yard, and there is not a private area anywhere.

I told my employee that taking a wizz in someones yard is something that we all do, but he better be darn sure that NOBODY will see.

Should I give the customer a free cut? It is a good account located on a block where we have 8 large lawns on one stop.

2. turf9

turf9 LawnSite Member

Ya that suxs I have got 2 accounts because the other guy was caught with his horn out.lol I think it may calm things down to see a credit of one lawn cut on the next invoice.Another thing if you can don't send that fella near that site for a wile she will see red when she will see red for a wile. Good luck

3. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

That is unfortunate, that was one of the contributing factors to buying enclosed trailers. There aren't very many lawns that we mow that have areas to go do our business without being seen.

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I would throw in a free mow. It could have been ugly if she had called the cops the guy would have been arrested for indecnt exposure. So since she did the right thing by calling you I would return the favor

Mac

5. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

It would show that you really are sorry about the incident if you throw in a free mow. The employee should have known better. Why don't guys just go into a coffee cup (or something) while sitting in the truck. It ain't that difficult.

6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

why stop at a free cut? show them you are REALLY SORRY, and give them the rest of the season for free. hey, the customer will love it and they won't talk bad about you.

7. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

bobby your pushen it but a free mow if u can have that guy not mow on that prop anymore .

8. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

Hmmm, how about a new product for a situation we all face multiple times a week.
    "Lawnboy Depends" for turf and landscape professionals. Super absorbant, increases efficiency and production due to less pit stops, and helps the bottom line by stopping "frebies" to those offended parties. Comes in Turf green, Fungus yellow and Mulch brown.

Liberty Lawncare likes this.
  9. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

What about having the kid that got caught pay you for that customer's "Free Mowing"......

Derek

10. MJM

MJM LawnSite Member

Because that would be illegal.

Mark