Employee Write Up.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by RedWingsDet, May 7, 2007.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

does anyone have a write up slip for when an employee is late or doesnt show? My policy is that if your late 3 times your fired. Anyone have one they can share? thanks.

2. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

yes three strikes your out in most cases, we use the preprinted employee warning forms from staples. they are simple and to the point

3. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

This is kinda a generic one .... but it gets the point across

Attached Files:

4. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

that works also, I would just ad one more line for the employee signature

5. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

who needs sheets youre the boss tell him whats going on and if it gets to that point send him packing

6. Midwest Lawn Services

Midwest Lawn Services LawnSite Member

We are on the same page!

7. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

always nice to have it documented.. what if the d.o.l. knocks on your door saying you wrongfully canned him?

8. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice job with your behavioral coaching sheet. I would recommend that you give aplace for the employee to explain or describe his action and I would insist that the employee create an measurable action plain that you can follow up with him regarding his behavior.

9. therainman

therainman LawnSite Member
    from IL

This is a pretty good form. The only thing I would change is adding a place for the employee to sign.

I have been out of the biz for three years next week, but I am a manager in a major manufacturing facility. I have an employee that will be released Thursday at 2:30 ( he does not know this yet ). We ALWAYS have the employee sign any documentation that is disciplinary in nature. Only CYA. I have 87 employees that I lead daily, without proper documentation it would be a nightmare.

10. F&SLawnCo

F&SLawnCo LawnSite Member

I left the manufacturing world where every little thing had to be documented for a reason. It is my company and I do not document write ups. I have an adult conversation with my folks and they can decide whether or not they respond to it. I they do great , end of story, if not there are other jobs out there waiting for them. I am very clear about what my expectations are and I take excellent care of my employees. They are paid anywhere from 15% to 25% over market rate in this area and we have a full medical/dental/vision plan that is funded through the state at a cost of only $50.00 per month to the employee. To me I work hard to make my company a success and I expect them to do the same. My company has been in my family for almost 30 years and when I was working in the field I don,t remember my Grandfather or my Dad writing me a development plan. All I got was a smack across the back of the head and some quality advice like "get your head out of your *** and get this done." Worked for me. LOL