Employees generating business bonus

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stolonscreep, Jun 9, 2011.

1. stolonscreep

stolonscreep LawnSite Member

Just wondering what some of y'all do for your guys that get you contract customers or at the very least repeat business from customers? I think that they definitely deserve something extra but not sure how to structure something like that. Any suggestions?

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

What does your business plan say about this?

3. stolonscreep

My business plan is being revised right now going from a solo operation to having one helper. The woman I am working with has suggested this idea to me and that is why I am asking. Any suggestions or are you just trying to stir the pot?

4. Dogbonz

Dogbonz LawnSite Senior Member

Stirring,, smoking, it's all the same,,,

5. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

After the first 5+ cuts.....give the helper that got you the job I don't know....2 cuts worth$$. Cash in hand and a good thank you!

If they are good at getting work for you...you better keep them happy before they go work for themself!

6. stolonscreep

:cool2:..........

7. stolonscreep

I like that idea flatlander42...It makes sense to wait and make sure the new customer is viable. Thanks. By the way I love the tag line!

8. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont want to give any incentive to my workers learning how to get business. That just gives them the opportunity to learn to do it themselves. Then, what would the need an hourly job for? We'd just have another lawnguy on the streets.

If they are approached by someone, they send them right to me.

9. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

This makes sense too.

10. stolonscreep

I understand your point but trying to keep someone that shows up on time and does not complain about anything he has to do I want to keep around. Hopefully sharing some of my profits that are generated from his effort getting new business will keep him satisfied and wanting to come to work.