Employment Background Checks?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DutrowLLC, Jun 7, 2008.

1. DutrowLLC

DutrowLLC LawnSite Member

I need to run criminal background checks on a few guys, but when I looked into it, theres like a million companies offering this service and based on reviews I've read, 90% of them offer dubious results. I called Intelius, which seemed to be one that likely offers respectable results, however their prices were very high. I then looked into their bulk purchasing pricing and got the following information:

HTML:
    <TABLE>
     <TR>
    <TD>Amount Purchased:</TD><TD>	1	</TD><TD>10	</TD><TD>25	</TD><TD>50</TD><TD>	100</TD><TD>	250</TD><TD>	500</TD><TD>	1000+</TD><TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD>Price:	</TD><TD>59.95</TD><TD>	465</TD><TD>	987.5</TD><TD>	1675</TD><TD>	2700</TD><TD>	5125</TD><TD>	7000</TD><TD>	8000</TD><TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD>Price Each:	</TD><TD>59.95</TD><TD>	46.5</TD><TD>	39.5</TD><TD>	33.5</TD><TD>	27</TD><TD>	20.5	</TD><TD>14	8</TD><TD>
    </TR>
    </TABLE>

This gives bulk customers a HUGE competative advantage ($8 each vs $60 each). They can run background checks left in right while I'm stuck breaking the bank everytime I want to look into someone.

What I want to know is if anybody out there is offering this for $20 each. It seems feasable since worst case scenario, someone could just bulk purchase for $8 each and then resell for $20 each which would be reasonable for me.

Anyone have any information on this?

Thanks!

Chris

2. DutrowLLC

Sorry, I thought I could post a table, and now it won't let me edit the post, here is an image version:

[​IMG]

3. DutrowLLC

I apologize, this thread should have been placed in "Business Management" If I could delete it, I would.

4. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

A website I use gives me a free criminal record check. Maybe(or maybe not), some of the pay sites have more information.

5. DutrowLLC

Ok, so which one do you use?

I searched for a free one, but couldn't find anything.

6. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Locally I look at our Circuit Clerks website. If your area is heavily populated then there is a greater chance of multiple people having the same name thus making it difficult to differentiate. 90% of the time you can tell if someone is going to work out by the car they drive ( and the number of tattoos ) Often they will ask questions during the interview that will help determine their credibility.

7. DuallyVette

8. DuallyVette

The nc site has birthdays to seperate the john smiths

Sometimes they'll tell you how smart they are by telling you about all the neat stuff they've stolen, and how good they are at evading the cops:usflag:

9. DutrowLLC

Yeah, I have a interview system. In fact, I prefer to do a "working" interview. That way I can see if they'll show up on time and do the work. After a few days of this, I've weeded out most of the flakes.

This one has performed well so far, but I'd like to be aware of anything unexpected that could come up. Specifically, I think his license has been suspended, or he could be a recovering addict who does well for a while and then lapses. - Would like to be aware of this sort of thing.