Enclose letter with flyer?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Toxey, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Toxey

Toxey LawnSite Member

I am mailing out a flyer in the next couple of weeks and would like to know if anyone sends a letter about yourself and company with flyers to gain new business. Any help would be great.
  2. Toxey

Toxey LawnSite Member

Anyone do this?:confused:
  3. Cuttinitclose

Cuttinitclose LawnSite Bronze Member

I send a flyer, letter, and a biz card.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I haven't done it myself, but it seems like it would be a good idea.
  5. Yard.Barber

Yard.Barber LawnSite Senior Member

I have only done the flyer. Figure there is no need to overload them with stuff, if the flyer is done well you will gain their interest and they will go to your site if you have one or call you.
  6. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

as it cant hurt, i think u would be wasting paper. the flyer should do the trick.
  7. Yard.Barber

I agree about wasting paper and expense. I have read on here where others do a brochure or a binder which includes a letter, company info and services provided but seems they are used for commercial properties and getting your name out with them. I'm in the process of trying to put something like this together for that seems like an expense worth having but not for the average residential job
  8. Toxey

Toxey LawnSite Member

Thanks guys. I may do a few with a letter and few without. Copy expense is nt a problem becasue i work in a school system and can make unlimited copies.
  9. Yard.Barber

some might take offense to that statement.. since tax dollars and you are using the equipment for personal business.
  10. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Keep it short and to the point. Remember 99.9% are going to toss it without even reading it.

Catch their attention but the less words the better.

You meant to say......

" I work in a school system. The local copy place gives me a discount on copies so I can practically make unlimited copies for peanuts"