enclosed cab for skid steers?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by SouthernYankee, Jun 14, 2005.

1. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Bobcat 751 and I was wondering how many of you out there have enclosed cabs and if they are worth the extra cash? I am moving my operation from Cape Cod to Houston , so I thought it about getting a enclosed cab with AC. I plan on grading lots, new landscape construction and lawn renovations, so I will be in and out of the machine a little bit.

For all of you who have enclosed cabs with or without AC, is it worth it?

How much would a enclosed cab and ac run me? Ballpark is fine

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

It was 110 degrees with the heat index here today.

100 degrees on my truck thermometer with about 90% humidity and not a breath of wind.

I'm not running a machine in that kind of heat PERIOD, and I'm certainly not going to ask anybdy else to do what I'm not willing to do.

I spent the money and got the cab and AC, absolutely no regrets.

You can get more work done when it's hot if you're comfortable.

In the winter you can turn on the heat.

[​IMG]

3. As dusty as its been here I wish I had it now, I'd stay cleaner and breathe easier.

4. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

how much was the option to get the ac and the enclosed cab.

5. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto. I wouldn't have one without. I got the Gold option on the Bobcats.

6. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

Oh one other thing I like about the Gold Option. I don't have to get out of the cab to change attachments. Everything is done in the comfort of AC. Did I mention that we added a AM/FM/CD too. It is nice when you are on those VERY large jobs with the soil conditioner.

I have two BC's. A300 and a T300.

7. bobcatboy

bobcatboy LawnSite Member

enclosed cab on skid steers with hvac is nice I cant even get into one wth out it. It is worth the extra 3k.

8. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Honestly I don't know how much extra $$ is was as an option.

The thought never crossed my mind to get a skidsteer without the enclosed cab and A/C, so I never asked how much.

To me the enclosed cab and A/C is NOT an option.

You're moving to Texas, believe me, it won't be an option for you either.

Texas is HOT!

9. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I started ordering them with cab and AC in 01 and I don't regret it. The only issue is accessability is reduced. If your getting in and out all the time it is inconvienient. Guys seem to prefer the noncab units for fine grading.

10. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Does running AC seem to reduce the experience 'power' of the engine? (Eg bog more easily or lower attachment performance)