Enclosed cab w/ hand/foot controls or open cab w/ joysticks??

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by KrayzKajun, Dec 12, 2012.

1. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would save/pay the extra for a cab and controls you want. Unless you find a smokin deal and can sell it in a year for the same money, you'll be wanting to upgrade and regret not getting the machine you want. The payments probably wouldn't be much more in the end. I wouldn't even consider Hand/Foot controls, they're archaic to what's available now for an often used machine. A cab machine is the only way I'll go, again if it's an often used/primary machine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

I completely agree with dozer man , spend the extra money now and get the machine that you want
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

If i can get the price on the kubota with cab, in the range i want then i will go with that.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

The difference between 40k and 30k is peanuts on a payment.
    The differnce on a 30k vs 40k loan for 4 years at 10% is about 200.00 a month. If you cannot afford the extra 200 dollars you really just do not need to buy a new machine. The TL240 I posted was 40k and the high flow alone will open mulching avenues. You will not find a high quality CTL with low hours for 30k.

5. Cornell

Cornell LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Have any auctions new you coming up soon? Richie Bros, etc?

Sometimes you can get lucky there, or look for a repo'd machine.

With the way financing is now I'd rather buy a new machine vs. a used one especially if you can find a rental machine from a dealer.

Actually looking to replace "spare" Case 85xt tired machine with 2400hrs for a new Tier 3 Bobcat S770. A heater that continually breaks and an older cramped machine isn't worth freezing in for 18 hours straight all night when its 0 degrees out.

6. Cornell

Cornell LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

7. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I have always felt like the foot pedals can put the working on ya vs the joysticks but if I had to choose between a cab or not. It gets miserable hot here so I cant imagine being in the south with no ac.

8. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Where I am at it is the dust more than anything. We go months without rain during the summer.

9. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Get a machine with everything, the little more upfront is nothing compared to being stuck with a machine that doesn't fit your business. I think your main machine(what ever it is) should be just as comfortable as your truck is. Think about it, you are likely to spend really long hours in a machine in bad conditions and having air with low effort controls is priceless or not getting rained on?

It is too hard to sell equipment sometimes I have found.

What was wrong with that Kubota you posted?

10. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Im waiting to hear back on the kubota.
    Posted via Mobile Device