enclosed lawn trailers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HarryD, Jun 19, 2002.

1. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

im thinking of getting one next year 20 footer
    how many of you out there use one and what did you pay im thinking of getting this one from a place not far from my home

http://www.hhtrailer.com/indexmain.html

2. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

Use the search feature and you will find numerous threads.

I believe the 8.5 X 20' is a popular size. Haulmark and Wells Cargo have been two of the more popular names.

I have gotten quotes for that size ranging from $4500 to $5300.
    (Haulmark)

Make sure it has plenty of ventilation. sidewall and roof vents.

3. Pelican

Pelican LawnSite Member

I use an 18' Pace that I optioned up a bit so it cost me just over $6000. I had a curbside ramp installed so I only need to unload one machine on small jobs, had the roof bumped up to 7' so I can stand up inside, (I'm 6'4") and had a translucent roof installed for better visibility. I could use the extra 2' that you're considering.

4. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Guy in a Ford F250 slammed it going 45 MPH.

He ran a red light and hit me broadside, totalled.

IT WAS ONLY 6 WEEKS OLD...BRAND NEW!

Best thing that ever happened. I hated the trailer, it was impossible to drive and I couldn't ever ask an employee to drive it.

Now: Straight truck. Mitsubishi-Fuso. Holds as much stuff, easy to drive.

DON'T GET A MONSTER TRAILER YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!

5. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

20' is pretty big. If you really need that much space, ask for a test drive.

Remember the tight drives with 5 cars, no turn arrounds, and road side parking is prohibited.

If you get a V-nose, that might give you the extra space your looking for.

6. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

i work solo so not worried about anyone else pulling it and ive been pulling 18 and 20 foot trailers for over 22 years so i dont care about how long it is.
    ive been renting a place to store my trailer and equipment for about 15 years at $50.00 a month with a enclosed trailer i could keep it at home and not worry about my stuff walking off.
    i have a 16 foot trailer now and wish it was bigger when i have all my goods on it its really a pain taking every piece of equipmnet off just to grab my aerater
    would like to get a 18 or 20 footer with a curb side ramp door i think that would rock ;)

7. KNOWHOWELTD

KNOWHOWELTD LawnSite Member

my 18 footer is done on friday, we got all the goodies put in, the extended sides out the the wheel wells, like 96 inches inside dimensions, and we got a 25 in mower rack, and a 64 in curb side gate, a spring kit on the back, dovetail, oh, its going to be amazing, i cant wait... we got some trimmer racks, and we have it all

8. Cut 2 Please

Cut 2 Please LawnSite Member

I bought a 6x12 Pace that was used but in like new condition. The only differance I could find in this one and a new one was the used one had tie downs already in the floor and tire marks on the floor and ramp to which I have added more. I saved $500 by buying the used one. It is the perfect size for me right now. It holds all of my equipment with some room left over. It is also very easy to manuver around town. I love it but I am sure that the day will soon come when I need a bigger trailer.