Enclosed Trailer 16' or 20'?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Mowman99, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Mowman99

Mowman99 LawnSite Member

I have a NPR and will keep it, selling a 16' cube van. I'm thinking of replacing it with a flat bed truck & enclosed trailer. We do landscaping & lawn maintenance and the cube van is no good for landscaping if needed. Should I look at a 16' or 20' enclosed trailer.

2. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

depends on hom much stiff you think you will need to carry. personally i would think the 20' would be better b.c you would have room for expansion and such. also it doesnt take much to fill up a 16' trailer with lawn equipment. with the 20' i would think you would be making a better investment for the long run to have that extra room available.

3. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

i would say go with the 20 also

4. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

I have to say I love my new 20' Pace.
    For the extra 4 feet in length (32ft sq) it was well worth the extra $400.

Even though i could fit everything in a 16' I love the choice I made.

I don't have any more recent pictures, but there is a lot more stuff in there now. That is my brother standing on the trailer with my new truck. After this picture i also had a new Meyer plow installed.
    It was an expensive year. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

166_6604.small.JPG

166_6608.small.JPG

5. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

you will never regret bigger, but you will be really PO ed when something you need wont fit in the smaller one, growing businesses always allow for expansion. go large go 20'

6. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with what the others have to say. As long as you have enough space to store a 20 foot trailer go with the bigger one. It isn't much price difference between a 16' and a 20' but you will sure enjoy the extra space!

7. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

LawnMaster,
    that sure is a nice trailer,
    just like what i hope to have next year. congrats for that purchase, very nice.
    :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

8. Mowman99

Mowman99 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the advice, I guess what they say is true then "bigger is better"!

9. LightningLawns

LightningLawns LawnSite Senior Member

10. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I too like to use open trailers and I currently use 16foot ones... I can't tell you how many times I wish I would have gone bigger though!