enclosed trailer advertising

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by stevenf, Jan 5, 2011.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

Considering an enclosed trailer. I want to taget higher end customers and commercial work and in my opinion, an enclosed with logos looks just that.
    Just wanted to see if you guys who switched to enclosed have had a good response with your graphics advertising?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. djlunchbox

djlunchbox LawnSite Member

Subscribing , wondering the same
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

My trucks are all lettered up all the way around from one side to the other including tailgate and I get a ton of calls from people seeing my trucks. My trailers all have lettering on them but they are open landscape trailers. From the response I get from my trucks and trailers I would guess an enclosed trailer would look like a rolling billboard that would get lots of attention. I keep everything looking clean and I have eye catching lettering and design that pops and gets noticed. Do the same and you should do well. Good luck.
  4. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

Bump! looking to do the same next year, any more thoughts on this?
  5. Dtauriac

Dtauriac LawnSite Member

I'm in Atlanta and I rely on my truck and magnetic sign. I just started my business in 10/2010 and I did a consult on two 6 figure properties. I think by building a professional rep and displaying professional character will get you more than you could imagine. One thing this line of work has been missing in professionalism (in my opinion) and that's what I strive to bring to the field.

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

you rely on magnetic signs??? are you being serious?
  7. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

My trucks are all lettered up. I have gotten enough jobs from it that it quickly paid for itself. one thing I did with my enclosed is that I left an area unlettered on the sides of the trailer and half off the back. I then made up brackets and have different 3x4 signs that slide in for different advertising. The whole thing is wrapped but I can change the one add depending on the time of year
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

We had a 16ft enclosed with lettering, it was simple and looked nice. Our newest enclosed is a 24ft and the lettering is huge but tasteful. Its the same simple design but the font is a bit different. Key thing is to keep it simple and make it stand out with coloring (not hot pink) and an easy to read font. You can clearly see our name and phone number about 3 blocks away. As far as advertising from the lettering.....I would say a few people a season say they saw our trailer and got the phone number. Any advertising can't hurt. IMO, it doesn't matter if you have an open or enclosed trailer as long as you show up with clean decent looking equipment and do good work no one cares.
  9. Dtauriac

Dtauriac LawnSite Member

Yes - I guess cuz everyone knows that I just started and they have confidence that it will be successful and even my customers are supporting my biz by leading me to more customers and even sharing my company goals with others - people are excited here about my biz - I must say - I am very fortunate. I will be putting in my first 6 figure bid in October - I'm excited about putting together the presentation. You guys are the ones to thank on this site though. You've helped so much - I have been reading for months without posting. Thanks
  10. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Your submitting a six figure bid and you just started? Let us know that works out for ya :laugh: