Enclosed trailer brands or suggestions

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by clc2003, Oct 3, 2013.

1. cimkill

cimkill LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, it is a V nose. They say the V nose adds two additional feet, but being that I have no received mine yet, and wont for probably a month cant give you any feed back as yet.

2. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

Cimkill,would you mind sharing the specs on your trailer? If you do not wantthat public,please pm me . Would also like to hear how they handled your order from start to finish.I may very well wind up going with them.

3. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

pretty sure they measure just the box section of a vnose trailer,
    so mine is 16' box, the vnose is additional 52"
    tip to tail the trailer is 22.5 '

so assume its different among each manufacturer

good deal on the extra height, well worthwhile especially for stand-on equipment

4. ZX12R

Wow,thats an additional 4'......nice.

5. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

As jb stated, assume it's going to be different with each trailer. What he has is essentially a snowmobile-style V-nose. I've seen as little as 15" on an 8.5' wide trailer. It just depends on the manufacturer and trailer configuration. You won't regret paying the extra for a V-nose.

My 7' wide gives me 30" of additional length, (8.75sq ft), to the V. That extra space is what allows me to get my 42" loaded in front of my 60". With a standard 12', that wouldn't happen. Also, when I'm out working, that additional floor space is work-around room, as I rarely take the 42". I wouldn't own anything but a V-nose.

6. ZX12R

Appreciate everyones reply,thanks. V nose it will be,most likley 18' with a ramp in the v nose(depending on cost) and a side door.

7. cimkill

Sorry for responding late was on mini vacation in Mexico. The trailer is 8.5x24 foot v nose with 5200lb axels, dove tail, 4 tie down loops, and some other extras. I ordered it from U.S.A. enclosed cargo trailers located in Georgia.

8. ZX12R

No problem,glad you are enjoying yourself.Thats a big trailer,I bet it will be a beauty. Do post pics when you get it please.

Are you picking it up or having it delivered? I will probably go with them unless I can get a killer deal at one of the trade shows this winter. How was your experience in dealing with them,the build process,ect. ?

9. cimkill

I am having it delivered being that I am out of country. Trailer was already done so did not have to deal with build process. Customer service wasn't the best, but was acceptable. Call the first number on the site, the other number the lady is a bit sarcastic and matter of fact. I did not appreciate that. The other guy was O.K. Let me know how it goes.

10. Falcon50EX

Falcon50EX LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

Very nice
    How do u strap down your fert bags to stop any spilling
    What does the inside look like
    How much $$