Enclosed Trailer Choices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GCS LawnService, Feb 16, 2003.

1. GCS LawnService

GCS LawnService LawnSite Member

I have looked at several enclosed trailers and I am considering a Horton Hauler that is 16 X 7. The trailer descriptions are as follows: V Nose, 5000 lb. axles with electric brakes on both, 12" center floor supports, heavy duty spring assisted ramp door, 30" side door with a bar lock, electric jack, 4 dome lights, Heavy Duty D Rings, 3/4" plywood covering the interior walls, radial tires with a spare, aluminum load bearing wheels and bearing buddies. The trailer has been priced approximately $4786.00 + TTL. I have looked at several different brands and the Horton Hauler seems to be the heaviest built for the money and any further assistance would be greatly appreciated.

:blob2:

2. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

I have never heard of the Horton Hauler...but from what you say it sounds like a decent trailer. I really like the 12" on center floor supports. We are in the process of buying a trailer...i think we are leaning towards the Wells Cargo...and its a 8x24 with 16" on centers. The electric jack sounds really nice also. If you wanna see a top notch trailer setup check out etwman's...thats a real class act!:blob1:

3. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 7x16 enclosed. Wish it had the V-Nose, but I do not haul a lot on the interstate, so its not a problem. If you do a lot of traveling with it I would think its a must. Reduced drag and better gas mileage.

4. imalandscper

imalandscper LawnSite Member

Check this website out i got a price on a 102" x 28 for 7,500 they will custom build for you or you can see what they have available. I had one spect out for next season with a bathroom and a hole lotta other fun stuff for 14 that was 102" x 28' check it out they seem like really nice trailers. I foget the website but the company is mellenium trailers.

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

you cant go wrong with a vnose. towing em is so nice when you are above 50 mph or so. i have an 8 by 14 v nose, and i wish had a 16 foot or bigger. the space will fill up quick. the trailer you priced sounds like a good one. good luck with it.

6. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I'm also thinking about a v-nose, a 7x21", that way I could haul my mowers, and work related tools, also haul my quads and snowmobiles, I like the front ramp, the one I looked at was a haulmark and the front ramp was on the road side, wonder if you can get them on the curb side? I priced one at $ 4095.00, plus tax etc. How does that price sound, if you guys know where there cheaper let me know, I love to travel, within reason that is. see ya

7. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I've always been kinda partial to Pace trailers. They look like they're built better than most others.

8. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Never heard of Horton. Haulmark & Wells Cargo are the best around here.

9. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

10. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Oh ya forgot about them, I bought a yamaha race sled there years ago, They auction on the first of the month, can't go march 1st theres a race on Drummond Island that weekend, thanks