1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

enclosed trailer discussion

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Ben's Landscape, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi im looking at upgrading to a 16ft enclosed trailer. obviously tandem axles, and breaks on both. I am wondering what brands people like etc. I am going to be probably taking the ride down south(im from RI) to buy from a factory to save some money.

I was in a boy scout troop that used haulmark trailers but ive talked to some contractors and say they dont hold up. so i am not sure what is the best bang for the buck. i do not mind spending a little extra to get quality. what are some things i should be looking for.

I am upgrading from a 6*12 ft open trailer. plan on keeping that one for the time that a open trailer would be best for plants etc. I need to upgrade for next year because my equipment wont all fit on the trailer anymore and im tired of unloading it at night, also i go to college so i think that it would be benificial if i had a enclosed to go to work right after school. mayb like change into work cothes in the trailer and have my lunch there or something.