1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Enclosed trailer/ dump trailer build!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by FerrisDiesel, Oct 24, 2012.

1. maelawncare

maelawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Extend the front of the trailer out 5' and make a flatbed on it. Then just put a dump insert in there. Then when you dont need the dump you can have a flatbed. Very useful.

2. FerrisDiesel

FerrisDiesel LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you for the compliment! My whole reasoning behind this project was to eliminate the need to buy a dumptruck and have another registration, and insurance, registration etc...having everything self contained and then at the end of the day driving away from it and having my truck freed up was the whole idea.

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I sure hope you have pro welding equipment and skills. The gooseneck will need to be at least 3/16 and its hard getting consistent penetration. Proper gusseting and bracketing will need to be engineered in. Have you priced steel lately? I have to agree with the other guys, I don't think you will be money ahead or safely in the end.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. FerrisDiesel

FerrisDiesel LawnSite Senior Member

I have the.person.with the skills and equipment....
    However after doing clean ups today I think I might just buy a dumptruck. I need more space than what I have! Especially doing some of these properties with 15 or 20 oak trees!!
    Posted via Mobile Device