Enclosed trailer floor protectant??????

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by scarr133, Feb 11, 2006.

1. scarr133

scarr133 LawnSite Senior Member

For those of you that have enclosed trailers, what type of protectant do you use for the floors???? I have a 20' enclosed that I just bought, and it is an all wood floor, and I am looking for something along the lines of a rhino line material. Something durable and something that has some grit for traction. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  2. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

For what your looking for that is about your only option. There is a paint that is very durable that has grit in it. I think it is really expensive, plus you have to do the work. Getting it lined I guess it just depnds what your willing to pay. 6'x12'dual axles ran me 400.00
  3. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

What about diamond plate?

4. oasislawns

oasislawns LawnSite Member

You could put tile down or I think some auto parts stores sell something similar to Rhino Liner called Hercu-Liner that you apply yourself and would save you money.
  5. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Diamond plate=slippery when wet, I would go line-X if you are leaning towards a spray on liner. The rhino's are good if you want to slide material in/out like bags of mulch, etc. The line-X's have a rougher surface that allows better traction.
  6. Greybeard

Greybeard LawnSite Member

We bought a Pace trailer a few years ago, and I found a two-part heavy gray urethane paint at an industrial paint company. It is really tough stuff, and we have dragged old pallets and machinery across it for several years with no damage and no peeling. (All of the Rhino and similar liners are urethane, too.)
    I'm not sure why you want the non-skid, but you can achieve that with any coating if you broadcast dry sand across the wet paint. You overload it, then broom out the excess after it dries. Temperatures are important - check the label.
    If you have a Sherwin-Williams store nearby, ask to speak to the industrial coatings sales person. I think we used about 1 or two gallons on our 18 x 8 trailer floor. Good luck.
  7. lfd30

lfd30 LawnSite Member

bought apoxy paint with grit at shewin williams.Took a couple of hours to put on but sealed the floor and held up well all last season.
  8. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I used Sherwin Williams industrial paint with "shark- bite" in it...worked good and seems to be wearing well
  9. scarr133

scarr133 LawnSite Senior Member

I purchased some of the Herculiner from Pep Boys. I will be applying that hopefully at the end of this week. They currently are running a special on the price (at least in my area) for the black starter kit (rollers, brushes, gallon, etc.) for $79.99 plus a $20 mail in rebate = $59.99. Hell of a deal if you ask me. I have called other places and that starter kit was $99.99. Just FYI.
  10. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I just had my truck bed Linex'd I would highly recommend it. Looks good, grips and is hard as a rock. I think it would be an excellent investment for your trailer. A buddy of mine used the do-it-yourself kit and hates it, really thin, peeling up alot and its tough to get off on the spots that aren't peeling so he's stuck with the mess.