Enclosed Trailer floor

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by oomph, Jan 10, 2012.

1. oomph

oomph LawnSite Member

Hello,

The floor on my enclosed trailer is made of wood, I'm looking into coating it with something and would like some advice on a good solution. I'm not exactly sure if I want to rhino line or linex it or not, does anyone have any good alternatives?

Slip resistant, easy to clean up oil spills etc.

thanks!

2. ecurbthims

ecurbthims LawnSite Senior Member

there are many industrial epoxy floor products you can use ,mix them with sand and have at it .

3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I would shy away from doing rhino liner, judging by the rhino liner I put on parts of my trailer, it wouldn't be that good for a floor coating since it seems like it would be too slippery. Line-x would be a better alternative, they even have coatings designed for industrial floor applications (could be something that would work for you). However, I do think line-x will be an extremely expensive option, unless you just have the money to blow.

4. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Paint with sand is best. Easy to repaint and keep looking nice
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. rollman

rollman LawnSite Member
    from Bear DE

LineX is expensive , I looked into and at the time it was close to $1200. ( 24 ft x8.5 ft trailer) I'm about to paint it soon and go the sand in the paint route .

6. 09daxman

09daxman LawnSite Member

I was actually going to ask this same question. What kind of paint is should I use? Would it hold up to ski's on a sled? Thanks everyone.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. ecurbthims

ecurbthims LawnSite Senior Member

I suggest a two part epoxy ,they are pretty expensive but they last about the best when driving on them .

8. oomph

oomph LawnSite Member

yeah, i was considering epoxy as well.
    Who makes a good product for this?

9. rollman

rollman LawnSite Member
    from Bear DE

Check out Deck Restore , that looks pretty good and its not bad dollars wise .

10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I have researched this as well A lot of guys have used Herculiner or equivalent generic.