Enclosed Trailer Flooring Options...

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by TPLawnPro, Sep 21, 2006.

1. mx495

mx495 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MO

This is basically what I did since my floor was nasty as i bought it used. Put down the hardi board then used the Herculiner "do it yourself" roll on bedliner. Worked really good. If i bought a new trailer i would just put the liner right on the floor.

2. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

LOL don't joke! I have a vinyl backed mejatagrid heavy walk in industrial matt in mine. Underneath the plywood is brand new after 4 years.

majestagrid.JPG

3. birdturd9726

birdturd9726 LawnSite Member

go to home depot and buy yourself a linoleum Rembrandt floor. Costs about $80 for a 6x12. Cut it to fit perfectly, and staple it along the edge. then cut 6" high pieces of plywood and put them against the wall to hold down the floor and protect the mowers from messing up the walls. look at these pictures of my old trailer: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=255823

4. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I've been planning on painting mine this spring, but I also emailed the BLT LLC people about pricing on their floor coverings. Does anyone have any good or bad reviews of it?

5. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

The spray on is nice, but pricey. I'm doing the white and black checkers in the spring. Just peel and stick. Keeps water off and wears well.

6. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

line-x it!!!!!

7. TimTim2008

TimTim2008 LawnSite Bronze Member

thats what i did, i used primed & painted OSB, and i replace each year (or longer)

i dont spill much, so i'm fine...

i did not want to add a LOT of weight

8. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

These floors do take a beating. Last month I bought 1/2" plywood and overlapped the existing floor seams. Also put very hard quarter round at both ends. Will prime it and paint it this spring. This was last done 4 years ago. Easy to do and inexpensive and does not add much weight. We also have diamond plate running length of trlr on both sides and up 18" from the floor.
    I would stay away from anything that might break down or move around with machines in and out all the time.

9. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

The roll on bedliner is so easy and durable! 2 coats of that on the floor and 18 or so inches up the wall and you are good to go if you dont wanna spend the money for line x. The roll on liner has grit mixed in and you can put it on as thick as you want. Do that, paint the walls a nice color and be done with it.

10. ajordan193

ajordan193 LawnSite Senior Member
    from WNY