1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Enclosed Trailer Flooring Options...

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by TPLawnPro, Sep 21, 2006.

1. PMASON718

PMASON718 LawnSite Member

X2, I would like to see pics and this info

2. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

I will get out to the shop and get some pics up later today hopefully. No sealer needed with the roll on bedliner. I literally pulled my new trailer into the culdesac, went to the nearest store and bought the bedliner and went to town on it. Its such an easy process and keeps your trailer floor perfect. I wanna say walmart sells the gallon kit for like $40 and its pretty thick stuff. I had planned on doing a touch up coat every off season but it hasnt been needed so far. I previously used my old enclosed trailer for hauling dirtbikes and the stick on tiles worked fine for that but went to CRAP really fast once the heat and mower movement began.

3. PMASON718

PMASON718 LawnSite Member

What is the name of this stuff you got from Walmart and do you think a Gallon will do a 6x12. Did you do two coats or one?

4. DoetschOutdoor

from S. IL

Sorry Mason I dont remember the exact name of the stuff. It is the only kind sold at walmart though Im pretty sure. I did two coats on my 6x12vnose and up the walls and that took 1.5 gallons. Kinda sucks you have to buy two kits to do it but then you got extra for touch ups and a few extra paintbrushes that come in the kit are always handy. You could prolly stretch a gallon to do a 6x12 but with any kinda paintwork might as well do it right the first time or you have more time/money to redo the job. Going out to the shop now to tool around so will snap some pics if the snow isnt too deep to get my trailer out.

5. ygim

ygim LawnSite Senior Member

pictures are always appreciated

6. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

I just put my 1st coat of exterior paint on the inside walls. Once I put the 2nd coat on in 2 days I will post some pictures here and in my pictures thread.

7. DoetschOutdoor

from S. IL

These pics suck but best I could do with ztr battery being dead and not having the jumper pack around...walmart bedliner on floor and grey outdoor paint on walls.

P2150101.jpg

P2150093.jpg

P2150094.jpg

P2150096.jpg

8. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you Doetsch!! It is greatly appreciated it!!!

9. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

very nice!

10. DoetschOutdoor

from S. IL

Shes a lil dirty right now but I just cant get motivated to go to the shop and take stuff out to clean it just yet being so cold. I just keep a bottle of 50/50 greased lightning in the trailer and spray that down on the floor and little bit of the walls when spraying it out, or just use the soap at the carwash. Once I pick up about 10 more solid accounts, moving up to an 18' and then I get to go to town on that trailer as well.
    Note to self, do not let rental place guy drive to DRIVE a walk behind aerator up into your enclosed trailer. The tines shredded my chrome trim pieces as you can see very easily. And once the trailers been used awhile, that trim never goes on easily.