Enclosed Trailer Floors

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by CLPS, Apr 10, 2008.

1. CLPS

CLPS LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Just picked up a new 8x16' enclosed, wondering what would be best to put down on the wood floor to make it last longer. Got a LineX estimate for over a grand, looking to spent a little less than that.

I thinking something smoother than LineX or rhino lining to make cleanup / sweeping easier without giving up all traction.

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

You may try a big rubber mat. A lot of guys use linex. I would prolly go that route. I would also do the tongue.

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

we painted the floor when we first got it with sand in the paint for traction and wear resistance , but this year had it linexed. best thing ever man, if you can afford it , do it

4. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I used herculiner for my floor..but later on when i have the money i will be linexing it for now just the tounge is getting linexed

5. bock

bock LawnSite Member

Iam in the same boat. I am picking up my new 8x16 enclosed and we got a bid from linex for over a grand too. The trailer dealer has someone who rolls on this polly stuff and it has speckals in to for traction? Anyone have this stuff or know of a better way to keep crap off the floor.

6. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

go for the linex, its the best stuff out their.

7. bock

bock LawnSite Member

Hmm, Yea I want to do it right the first time. Did you guys do the ramp too?

8. farmboy52787

farmboy52787 LawnSite Member

Linexing the tounge? Why? Also why linex the floors? Whats wrong with just having wood? Thanks

9. bock

bock LawnSite Member

Thats what I was thinking!! I dont really see one. I dont think you can hose it out thoe.