Enclosed Trailer Help

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by TazLandscapes, Sep 18, 2007.

1. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes LawnSite Member

I bought a Thule enclosed trailer back in june and i bought a trimmer rack for it.But the saleslady gave me a trimmer rack for an open trailer.I went up there today to see if i can get a setup for the enclosed trailer and she said it was going to take six to eight weeks to get them.I just dont have the time to wait.I already made some mounting brackets to screw to the side of them but i need to push them out so the trimmers can fit in there.I Have seen 2x4's used and was wondering if that would give me the spacing i will need..
    Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Mike

2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

What rack is it? I used the jungle jims from my open trailer, took a flat strip of alum and mad an "L". Simple took about 30 mins total. I just used alum cause it was easy to drill.

3. TazLandscapes

Sorry bout not putting this in the first post.Theu are the greentouch 2 trimmer trailer racks for open trailers.I am trying to mount them in my enclosed trailer until i get a new set this winter.The place i bought the trailer at is getting a facelift and they are also trying to get ready for winter..

Thanks
    Mike

4. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Order them online from someone else. Landscaperpro.com has several racks at a good price. If your trailer is tall enough, you can use there hand tool rack. Holds the trimmer straight up and down and only cost like $40. I use them for both sets of hedge trimmers.

5. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

I used open trailer trimmer racks in my enclosed trailer. I just used a 2x6 to mount them to and space them out from the wall.

6. TazLandscapes

Eclipse would you have any pics that i can see..
    Thanks
    Mike

7. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

I will try to remember to grab a couple tomorrow.

8. mower&more1986

mower&more1986 LawnSite Senior Member

here my stuff I got rack holder at Farm and Fleet and use bungie cords
    cheap but works

echo trimmer and leaf blower01.jpg

STHIL 4MIX trimmer02.jpg

9. TazLandscapes

I also would like to know where i can find these parts at
    Vinyl coated spring steel clips and spring action clips.They are the ones that are used on the trimmertrap Enclosed trailer tool storage rack.They are used for holding rakes,shovels,etc up on the wall.I am building my owntool rack and i amlooking for these i have used the ones from walmart but they keep braking on me.Any websites that sell them.
    Thanks
    Mike