Enclosed trailer mounting

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mdb landscaping, Jan 22, 2001.

1. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i recently purchased a 8 by 14 aluminum enclosed trailer. i currently have a br 400 back pack rack and a trimmer trap for my line trimmers. my problem is, i need a good way to mount the racks in the trailer. there are diamond plate wheel wells that is a possibility to mount to, but i prefer not to put holes in the walls because they are smooth w/o rivets. any suggestions, or companies with neat products out. also how many d-rings do you recommend i put in? kirby sent me some picks of his trailer, but im looking for ideas. thanks. this is a v-nose trailer if that makes a difference

2. tpirobert

tpirobert LawnSite Member

I have a 7x16 enclosed trailer that is still in the process of organizing. I've used it for a year, but it takes that time to go thru all the seasons and find out what's needed.

I have 2 backpack blowers on Trimmertrap brand rack. Weed-eaters also on Trimmertrap. I ran angle iron down length of trailer on floor and next to wall. The angle is bolted to the floor and has evenly spaced holes drilled out for hooking straps,bungies,rope etc..I also glue and screw every thing thats attatched to plywood walls. Heavier stuff like blowers and sprayers are thru-bolted. I can try and post a pic if your interested.

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

if you could post that pic id be interested. that sounds like a real good idea with the angle iron. thanks for the tips.

4. tpirobert

tpirobert LawnSite Member

I'll be happy to post pics as soon as I get back my digital camera. Wife loaned it to friends with new baby. They're sending pics of their newborn to all the relatives, etc..Hopefully will get back before junior is 18!