Enclosed Trailer Or Van

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by sasquatchmonk88, May 4, 2010.

1. Texas Lawn

Texas Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

love the trailer, but I have had situations where the trailer can be hard to manuver in residential areas. I had a 20 ft trailer for commercial and a small open top trailer for residential. With cars parked on the side of the street and tight corners, having a big trailer is a liability

2. bradseabridge

bradseabridge LawnSite Senior Member

Last time I checked the f150 only came in a 300c.i. inline six not a v6. Did something change?

3. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

The newer ones have an optional 4.2 v6, I think.

4. bradseabridge

bradseabridge LawnSite Senior Member

Huh, never even knew, rather have the inline six though.

5. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I would take the inline 6 over the newer 4.6 V8 anyday, lots of power and very reliable engines. They went well with the bulldog 4 speeds as well.

6. TurboMazda

TurboMazda LawnSite Member

You are absolutely right, but still gives you better mileage, 40 cents higher but it can run tree times the gas does. In the long run you'll also see the economy.

7. fastlane

fastlane LawnSite Senior Member

I use a stepvan. 16' behind the partition with a sliding door. 6'8'' inside with a 7' wide roll up rear door. 60''z- 48''wb 21'' pm + all the hand helds and tools. Easy to park. Portable garage, bathroom, and everything is locked up. 10.000 gross so you don't need med card. Driven less than 100 miles a week so fuel is not a factor.

8. Fine Gardens Landscaping

Fine Gardens Landscaping LawnSite Member

You have a bathroom in your stepvan? I'd be curious to see this set up, could you post some pictures?

9. fastlane

fastlane LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry I don't have a bathroom. I do have an folding potty chair if anyone would need to use it.

10. bc3xx0

bc3xx0 LawnSite Senior Member

I'd rather have a trailer. Cheaper maint (especially if you're considering a diesel van), Cheaper INS, etc....