Enclosed trailer peeps can you give me some tips?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigw, Mar 16, 2008.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok i loaded my trailer today for the first time and i put my wb in the front near the tongue of my 8x16 enclosed and the ztr over the wheels of the trailer { is this ok} also i used ratcheting straps around the 4 casters of each mower to secure them to my E-track on the floor.

I guess one of my questions is do you have any better ways to secure the mowers besides using these ratcheting straps,i mean what a pain in the butt they are going to be everytime you load and unload! I have a 4' wide side door that i will use to take the Quick wb out of and have it facing the door ready to back out down the ramps.

Someone told me i should put the ztr up front near the tongue of the trailer but i think it makes more sense to put the small 36 up their and the big ztr over the wheels or am i wrong? Any other tips would be appreciated also when it comes to using an enclosed!

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Your right with the ZTR over the wheels. I wouldn't worry that much about strapping it down, maybe put a couple 2x4s to go infront of and behind the rear wheels on the floor, set the parking break, and go. I don't see the point of wasting time to strap it down inside an enclosed trailer.

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Here's a neat contraption that several manufacturers offer. This one is made for eXmark. They make them for walkbehinds and riders. One per machine.

Matt

lazerlocker.jpg

4. bigw

are you serious dont strap it down at all? Are these 2x4's fastend down at all?

5. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q LawnSite Senior Member

use faststraps to tie them down. walker in front of the zturn.

6. bigw

do you know what these are called and do you bolt them to the floor?

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

8. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Yep screwed to the floor. And no, other than the 2x4s, nothing gets strapped down. And this is with an open trailer lol.

9. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i have never straped mine down either, why? mine dont move a inch no matter how hard i drive. and if the truck should ever roll those straps arnt going to do sha.t i saw 3 ztr and 2 wb's come blowing out of the roof of a enclosed trailer at 75mph, they had been straped in also.

10. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i have a 2x4 for the wb to push against, but nothing on the wheels. thats not legal to do in a open trailer around me so i dont agree with the practice but every one does it.