Enclosed trailer plywood floor protector?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Exact Rototilling, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

I searched the archives and I came up with Thompson Water seal and line-x bed truck bed sealer.

Line-x is too much good product on bad IMO. Will probably upgrade the trailer in 2 - 3 years. I would prefer the natural wood look however I don't want the floor to become slippery. I want to seal out most of the moisture and crud and keep it presentable for the next owner.

Is there a better product than Thompson water seal to use?

:waving:

PICT7846.jpg

2. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

we just got done puttinga coat of minwax urethane on the floor of our super lawn truck and we also stained the walls white (behr-product from Home Depot) and then finally we put a sheet of plywood about 16" tall all the way around the bottom so as not to tear up the plywood on the walls with the mowers-if this plywood gets damaged we just replace it a partial sheet instead of a whole wall.

3. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I just finished doing the floor of one of my trailers last night. Here's what I did.

1 coat heavy exterior oil based paint. While it is still wet to the touch, lightly throw sand on the paint. Let it dry for a whole day, use a broom and blower to get off excess sand and apply second coat of paint. It should be a tough finish and it won't be slippery when wet.:cool2::cool2:

4. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

I used anti slip garage floor paint. It is Grey in color and has a grit in it. I applied it three years ago and it has held up very well.

5. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

my trailer floor was already painted when i picked it up today,i was surprised!