enclosed trailer price?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by pagreen, Oct 24, 2007.

1. pagreen

pagreen LawnSite Member

i found this on craigslist how much you guys think it is worth??????2002 with rear ramp and side door 7 x 14 ..they want close to 2 grand and the logo is painted on...... you think it is a good winter project or not worth my time????

2. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Looks pretty good from the pic, have you talked to him to see if he will take less. I personaly always try to talk them down, I believe everyone over prices expecting people to talk them down some.
  3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i would take it for $1800 for sure!!!!!
  4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

New it would be over $2800.
  5. pagreen

pagreen LawnSite Member

yea i mean it looks good from the pics i think it would be nice to have a little project for the winter making racks and getting my logo on the side.the way i thnk of it is that i want an enclosed for a few reasons..1 advertise its free and looks great in front of a house when you are working...2 keeps everything inside clean and safe. my biggest set back is that its 14ft i have a 12 foot open now and i fit my 48wb 32 wb and a 21 i mean i really dont need that much more space unless business goes like crazy in the summer but then i will need a rider and at least a 18 foot trailer. i guess my main thought is that this is so cheap next time i am goin to be able to buy something this style i will be spending 4 grand ish..............i think thats to much to put into a trailer....so now that you read this thoughts..comments...feelings... maybe i am just crazy and think too much????
  6. Juan_Deere

Juan_Deere LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking at trailers not too long ago. A brand new Wells Cargo trailer similar to that one was going to be just about $4900 out the door at the place I was looking. Not that I would pay that for it, but that is what they were asking for it.
  7. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

You can get an off brand 6x10 for about $2400.
  8. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

FWIW Home Depot has Work Sport Trailers. Parent Co. is Pace. http://www.worksporttrailers.com/6x12.php

The 6 x 12 enclosed with ramp and side door is $2,999 new. The 6 x 10 with swing doors and no ramp is $2,599

My Home Depot stocks many 6 x 10 but they have one 6 x 12 on order.
  9. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Guys, the low prices you are quoting are for single axle trailers, that is a dual axle. $4900 new is about right for a 7x14.

Make sure you can drive your equipment on it, some enclosed trailers are to high, and mowers will catch at the top of the ramp.

Otherwise, on a dealers lot this would run you about $3500 for an 02 in decent shape. The paint may be hard to get off, vynal decals are easier.
  10. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I do not know if it is just your location, but down here trailer prices are much different. Sunday, I am picking up a brand new 2008 model 8.5 X 24 V-Nose Car Hauler for $4,795. Tandem axle, rear ramp door, 10,000 GVWR. However, about the one posted in the thread, I would give $1,500 to $1,800 for it very quickly provided it is in the condition that it appears.