Enclosed Trailer Question

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by bombard16, Sep 16, 2011.

1. lawnpropm

lawnpropm LawnSite Senior Member

Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Maple Wood

Maple Wood LawnSite Senior Member

3. jrandallb

jrandallb LawnSite Member

I back the mower as close to the curb door as possible and I able to reach it from the pump

4. ecurbthims

ecurbthims LawnSite Senior Member

cuttin-to-the-max ,you can charge your trailers battery by running a lead from your marker lights,and driving with them on ,and it might be worth your time to install a solar panel on the roof so it can charge while just sitting there .

5. dutchacres

dutchacres LawnSite Senior Member

I back my rider on so the fuel tank is next to the curb door then pull up and enough to open the door and fuel up. The walkbehind I just fill a 5 gal can and refuel it when I'm at the first property. Works excellent this way. It may be worth looking into bulk fuel also at your shop. Then you can just fuel up before loading or qt night when you get done. I'm thinking this is what I will do next year as I have a brand new plastic in ground tank and pump already.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Landgreen

Landgreen LawnSite Member

What brand? DOT approved gasoline transfer tanks are hard to find.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I have five 5G gas cans that I keep at my house just for refueling mowers at the end of the day. Once a week I fill up the two 5G cans in the trailer and the five other mower gas cans. My crew only uses about 5 gallons of mower and mix gas a day. I'd much rather go to the gas station once every week instead of every day.

8. Maple Wood

Maple Wood LawnSite Senior Member

DOT Approved transfer tank.

http://www.transferflow.com/refueling_tanks.html

This is not the tank I have. Not sure of the brand, but I bought mine at Orshelins.

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

You guys don't separate truck and mower gas? I deduct all state road tax from my mower gas. I'm a small operation and I get back several hundred at tax time!

Maybe other states don't do it that way?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Landgreen

Landgreen LawnSite Member

Thanks! Some sticker shock there but probably worth it in the long run.