Enclosed Trailer Question

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Premo Services, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw an enclosed trailer for sale today. It is a 2000 16x7 V nose tandem axle trailer 7000# rating.. The name of the company that made it is Classic Manufacturing Co. The trailer looked good, tires were bad, and thats about the only thing I could see wrong with it. Does anyone have one of these trailers or know of them, mabey they could shed some lite as to how good they are.

The price on the trailer was $ 2800.00.

2. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

You can buy a new one for a few hundred more.. check the factories close to you.

3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea, I know a new one will cost a little more, but I was thinking of offering 2,000.00 to 2,200.00 for the trailer, the sign said 2800.00 or offer.. If they don't want to deal, then I would definetley go with a new one...
    I have been checking and A new trailer 7x16 will be around 4,000.00 with tax. If I bought new I would want a ramp door also.

4. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

the 7X16 can be a little small depending on what you are running equipment wise.
    i have a 36" and a 52" walk behinds in mine and one 60" rider with room for a 21 it just makes it very cramped.

5. grassperson

grassperson LawnSite Member

$2800 is way to high for that trailer. You can find better. Keep looking! I have found that at the first / end of the year are good times to buy from dealers, as well. Good luck.